"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Teach English in Spain
Date posted:2016-04-21 | Writer: Meddeas | Email: email@example.com
Do you want to live a once in a lifetime opportunity using your TEFL skills? Becoming a Language Assistant in a Spanish school with Meddeas is a unique experience that will stay with you for your entire life. Application period closing now! Receive a monthly grant, and the opportunity to explore a country. We encourage you to apply before April 15th to increase your possibilities.
During one academic year, you will enrol a structured programme and cooperate in one of our more than 200 educational centres. Moreover, you will add international experience and transferable skills to your CV while discovering a new culture and language and receiving a monthly grant, which is more than enough for living in Spain as a student. You can teach children aged two to eighteen, learners' English levels range from beginner to advance.
Starting dates available:
- September 2016 until June 2017
- January 2017 until June 2017
“When I tell people I spent my past year teaching English in Spain, the reactions are always positive. Of course, it is animpressive feat to list on your resume. Employers understand the importance of life skills that can only be acquired from leaving the comforts of your home town, not to mention your home country, in exchange for an adventure. Additionally, the independence and professionalism gained from working through a private agency as a representative of your country and language is remarkable”, Thais M., language assistant 2014/15 (Source: Meddeas Language Assistants’ Blog).
So what does Meddeas offer you?
No matter what your background is, there is a Meddeas’ programme for you that will include a University certified course.
BA in English, OR any degree + TEFL /TESOL course OR BA in Education
Native-level English speaker.
Someone who enjoys working with children and / or young people.
Energetic and imaginative.
With no criminal records.
Competence in the Spanish language is recommended, but not necessary.
Selected candidates will:
· Join a Spanish school to cooperate as language assistants with 20 teaching hours per week, with the same holidays as the school.
· Receive a 20 ECTS credits Expert in Bilingual Education certified course, given by a Spanish university, or a 6 ECTS TEFL or AMET certified course –depending on the program.
· Have health insurance covered by the program (EU citizens).
· Receive a monthly allowance, more than enough for living in Spain as a student.
· Have support from the school’s designated Tutor and from Meddeas, helping the language assistant in his/her task.
There are two lodging options, both with monthly grants: full board accommodation with a host family or independently housing, depending on your own interests. Families in these programmes are linked to the school and chosen by its principal. In fact, they host the Language Assistant on a volunteer basis to experience a cultural and linguistic immersion.
The more Spanish you speak before your arrival the more you’ll learn while you’re here. If you are going to live with a host family, we provide you with a Spanish language online course before your arrival in Spain to help you make the most of this experience.
· Native-level English speaker.
· Recent graduates (last four years) OR university students OR gap years.
· Someone who enjoys working with children and / or young people.
· Energetic and imaginative.
· With no criminal records.
· Competence in the Spanish language is recommended, but not necessary.
Doubts? Interested? Send an email to the address given on the job heading.