"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Jobs Teaching TEFL in Siberia
Date posted:2009-07-07 | Writer: CET School | Email: email@example.com
This is an excellent opportunity for both newly TEFL qualified and more experienced teachers to join a welcoming, professional team in Western Siberia. We believe that it is essential to have a positive and friendly work environment and are seeking people who have a positive outlook and are serious about teaching.
Requirements for Teachers:
• TEFL / TESOL / CELTA (preferably in conjunction with a first degree). Other qualifications will be considered
• Native English speaker
• Enthusiastic, outgoing and motivated
• Flexible and adaptable
• Interested in learning from other staff members as well as sharing ideas and helping others
• Positive outlook and a sense of humour
• Hard working, patient and a team player
Additional Requirements for Senior Teacher:
• 3+ years teaching experience
Additional Requirements for Director of Studies:
• 5+ years of teaching experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to multi-task efficiently
• Management experience (teaching or other field) an advantage
• Fully expensed, good quality, fully furnished/equipped, private accommodation - all utilities paid.
• Flights to and from point of origin paid for in full
• Fully expensed visa
• All local taxes paid. Salaries stated below are all fully receivable and net of all taxes/charges.
• Usually 1 week teaching break between every 8 week course cycle.
• 10 - 14 days break at New Year.
• Newly qualified teachers US$1100 per month
• 1-2 years' TEFL experience US$1200 per month
• 3-5 years' TEFL experience US$1300 per month
• 5-9 years' TEFL experience US$1400 per month
• 10 years'+ TEFL experience US$1500 per month
• Director of Studies – will be discussed with short-listed applicants
Bonuses will be paid from time to time at the discretion of the management in recognition of outstanding pedagogical and/or non-pedagogical performance.
Teachers who renew annual contracts will be paid an additional US$100 per month for each annual renewal over and above the standard pay scale rates. Other benefits and/or salary may be agreed at the discretion of the management.
The company is very interested in employing teachers who hold Cambridge Oral Examiner qualifications and a salary supplement will be paid to people with these or other additional teaching relevant qualifications.
• Must be available first week of September
• Contract 9 months (September to end of May/early June) with the possibility of summer session/s (this will be by separate contract)
• Teaching hours: 28 class hours per week
• Saturday (usually short day) may be required
The Two Locations:
Nizhnevartovsk is a city of some 500,000 people, situated on the Ob River, east of the Ural Mountains and around 3,000 km from Moscow. It is a modern town, built in the 1970s to service the nearby oilfields, and has grown since then into a sizeable city with a good range of shops, bars, restaurants and amenities. The school is situated in a premier location in the centre and caters to adults, teenagers, children, business people and examination classes.
Tyumen is a larger and more historic Russian city situated some 800km south of Nizhnevartovsk on the main trans-Siberian railway line. It is an important regional and commercial centre, and the range of amenities and leisure facilities is very similar to those on offer in Nizhnevartovsk.
Both towns are surrounded by forest (the Siberian taiga) and it is possible to arrange trips into the wilderness. Western Siberia experiences a climate which varies enormously throughout the year, falling as low as -40c during the winter but the whole way of life is adapted to these extremes, the buildings are very warm and life proceeds as normal.
Candidates for all posts must attend a face-to-face interview in the UK or via Skype. No posts will be offered on the basis of telephone-only interviews.
Please apply with CV to Amanda at the e-mail address given on the job heading.