Date posted:2015-07-02 | Writer: Dunham Institute | Email: [email protected]
Dunham Institute is looking for TEFL qualified teachers to participate in our language exchange program. Immerse yourself in culture, language and gain valuable teaching experience. You will receive homestay with a local family, 2 hours of Spanish lessons a day, in exchange for teaching 3 1/2 hours of English to children and adults.
* You will gain valuable EFL teaching experience with children, adolescents, as well as adults. In addition, you will be exposed to a variety of levels; beginners to upper intermediate being the most common
* The 5 month period is a good period of time necessary to see changes in your Spanish level. You will have the chance to practice, get to know your strengths and weaknesses, and how to improve on the latter.
* You will be living in a total immersion environment with your host family and the local community, thereby ensuring constant exposure and practice of your Spanish.
* You will receive 2 hours a day of Spanish instruction with teachers who are university educated with a minimum 5 years experience teaching Spanish as a Second Language.
* You will have the chance to get to know your host family, the friends you make in the local community, and participate in the local festivals and traditions. Your host families and friends, in turn, will get the chance to know you and the ways of your country.
* You will have easy access to workshops in dance, marimba, woodworking, pottery, lacquer painting and embroidery to let you get to know the traditions and ideas of Chiapa de Corzo and its people.
* We hire only TEFL, or the equivalent, certified teachers. This ensures that our quality of teaching is high, matching the standards of the institute
*You must be willing to make a 5 month commitment, which is the length of our semester. This is either end of August to January or February to end of June
*You will receive 2 hours of Spanish lessons a day Monday through Friday, in the mornings.
*You will be required to teach 3.5 hours of English to children, adolescents and adults from Monday to Friday, in the afternoons.
*You will receive housing with a local family for the length of your stay, which does not include meals.
*You will have 2 weeks off at Christmas and Easter and days off for all official holidays.
There is no cost for this program.
If you are interested in this opportunity, contact us at the email address given on the job heading.
Below you can read feedback from an ITTT graduate regarding one section of their online TEFL certification course. Each of our online courses is broken down into concise units that focus on specific areas of English language teaching.