Date posted:2019-11-28 | Writer: LCC International University | Email: [email protected]
LCC International University is a nationally and internationally recognized liberal arts institution in the city of KlaipÄ—da, Lithuania. LCC is a truly international community that brings together faculty, staff and students from more than 40 countries. We have opportunities for TEFL qualified teachers who are available for our Summer Language Institute in June and July of 2020.
SUMMER LANGUAGE INSTITUTE DATES 2020:
June 29 – Staff arrivals
June 30-July 3 – Staff orientation and preparation
July 4 – Student registration, testing, and check-in
July 6 – Classes begin
July 24 – Classes end; students move out of residence halls
July 26 – Staff departures
· Attend all orientation sessions
· Assist with student registration (Registration Day)
· Teach in the classroom three hours each working day
· Prepare appropriate English lessons
· Keep accurate class lists and attendance
· Participate in staff meetings
· Work cooperatively with other teachers (team meetings, sharing resources)
· Design lessons that are suitable for challenging students in the development of their English language skills.
· Develop creative enrichment material to enhance the curriculum or course book
· Create student-centered, active learning classrooms that will benefit all learners
· Collaborate with colleagues by sharing resources and ideas informally and formally
GENERAL INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORT FROM LCC
· An orientation to LCC and SLI is held at the beginning of the program
· Teacher meetings are planned to support teachers’ work in the classroom
· Curriculum support is available through course books and other materials
· All teachers are provided with shared office space, internet/ computer access, and printer/copier use
· Teachers are required to have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as general education, foreign or second language teaching methods (TEFL,TESOL), linguistics, English, reading, or literacy.
· Preferably, teachers in the program have 3- 5 years of experience teaching, especially experience teaching English as a foreign or second language.
Successful faculty members are people who are well organized, creative, flexible and comfortable leading a group. Good teachers are those individuals who understand the profession of teaching and take the responsibility of teaching seriously. We advocate an attitude of humility and warmth towards students. We also promote an atmosphere of collegiality and cooperation between teachers.
We work hard to provide an individualized package of benefits that meets the needs of our faculty and staff. These benefits may include:
· Travel Expenses: Round trip airfare and airport pick-up.
· Housing: On-campus furnished housing (including wi-fi, cable TV, laundry).
· Support: Visa and support in applying for European health insurance.
· Assistance: Staff members to assist in relocation and adjusting to living in a new culture.
· Modern Office: Modern shared office space.
Contact us via email at the address given on the job heading.
We are always recruiting into the future, so we would encourage you to share your CV with us for any future openings.
LCC International University
Kretingos g. 36,
Phone: +370 46 310745