Date posted:2015-09-06 | Writer: JOBINKOREA Ltd | Email: [email protected]
We are an official partner agency of EPIK. We are looking for TEFL certified English teachers for public schools all over Korea. Locations – Seoul ,Gyeonggi province , Busan , Incheon, Daegu , Gwangju , Daejeon, Ulsan , Sejong ,Gyeongsangnamdo,Gyeongsanbukdo, Chunagcheongnamdo,Chungcheongbukdo, Jeonnanamdo, Jeonnabukdo, Gwangju, Jeju
Starting date : 2016-03-01
Teaching days : Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri/
Working schedule : AM 08 :40 ~ PM 04 :40
Teaching hours : Week 22 (Hours)
Salary/Budget : Month KRWon 2,000,000~2,700,000
Overtime pay : KRW 20,000 (Won/Hour)
Accommodation (Housing offer) : One-room
Benefits : Flight (Round trip )/Medical & Pension/Severance/Paid Vacation (18 days)
In order to complete the visa process in good time, you have to submit initial documents before 18th September:
1. Be a Citizen of One of the 7 Native English Speaking Countries.
- In accordance with the Korean Ministry of Justice law, EPIK teachers must be a citizen of one of the following countries : USA, Canada, UK, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand. Canadian citizens from the Quebec province must have been taught at English spoken schools from junior high school forth to the university level to be eligible to teach English in Korea.
* Must have studied from at least the junior high level (7th grade ) and graduated from a university in one of the seven designated countries listed above.
* South African citizens must provide proof that their schooling in middle school and high school was conducted in English . Letter from the schools will be sufficient proof and must be submitted with the applicant’s initial application.
a. Ethnic Korean Applicants with Foreign Citizenship
Ethnic Korean applicants with foreign citizenship or legal residencies in one of the 7 native-English speaking countries must have been taught in English-language schools from junior high school forth and have lived abroad for minimum of 10 years. (If you are a male citizen of the Republic of Korea under the age of 35, you must have either completed mandatory military service or have received an official waiver).
b. Applicants who emigrated to one of the 7 countries
Applicants from non-English language backgrounds whose first language is not English and immigrated to one of the 7 native English speaking countries must have been taught at English-language schools from junior high school forth to the university level.
2. Hold a 3-4 Year Bachelor’s Degree in Any Field
Applicants must hold a 3-4 year BA or BS in any field in order to apply. Those that are currently enrolled in their final year at university may also apply to JIK EPIK. However in addition to the regular JIK-EPIK process you must submit a letter of expected graduation.
3. Be TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certified (you can apply If you can get the certificate in October)
Applicants must have completed or currently be enrolled in a 100-hour or more TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certification program. Both online and offline certifications are accepted by EPIK. If you hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Education, you do NOT have to complete a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA course.
4. Have No Criminal Record (misdemeanors or felonies)
Applicants applying to EPIK cannot have any criminal record. Applicants will be required to obtain a National-Level Criminal Record Check (CRC). The record must be completely clear with no criminal record being stated. Those with any stated past criminal record cannot apply to EPIK. Both misdemeanors and felonies will disqualify you from applying to EPIK. Misdemeanors like public intoxication are also not accepted. Traffic violations generally do not appear on CRCs.
5. Be in Good Mental & Physical Health
Due to the nature of liability, EPIK only accepts applicants who are in good health and do not have major health problems. Applicants will be required to fill out a self-medical check survey as well as complete a physical when they arrive in Korea. Those that have a clinical medical condition will be required to submit a note from their doctor or physician stating that the condition will not affect their ability to teach in a foreign country.
6. Under the Age of 62
EPIK does not hire individuals over the age of 62 (Korean retirement age).
Please send your resume and a picture of you to the email address given on the job heading.
Below you can read feedback from an ITTT graduate regarding one section of their online TEFL certification course. Each of our online courses is broken down into concise units that focus on specific areas of English language teaching.