"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Full-time TEFL Job in Japan
Date posted:2013-12-03 | Writer: Amic International | Email: email@example.com
Amic English Center, a division of AMIC International, is seeking applications from EFL teachers for full-time employment in Matsuyama-shi, the capital of Ehime prefecture on Shikoku island. This job starts in January. This is a great opportunity to work with some wonderful students at a growing company.
Main responsibilities include:
- Planning and teaching children's and adult’s conversation classes
- Proofreading work
- Assisting with day-to-day office activities
Salary and benefits:
- Salary starting from 250,000yen/month (based on qualifications and experience)
- Proofreading allowance
- Performance allowance
- Apartment is ready at a very reasonable rent
- Work hours are eight hours per day/five days per week, totaling 40 hours per week.
- Teaching hours do not exceed 25 hours per week. Since the length of a lesson varies depending on its type, teaching time is calculated in minutes as opposed to number of classes.
- Work hours are typically from 12 to 9, including a one hour break. Saturday classes may start as early as 10 am, in which case the work day will end at 7 pm.
AMIC International is a diversified English-language services company that offers English conversation classes at four schools throughout Matsuyama, translation and proofreading services for nationwide companies, interpretation services, and online English classes. It's a fun and interesting place to work, and the students are wonderful.
Matsuyama is a historic castle-town with the oldest continuously-used hot springs in Japan. There is plenty of entertainment, great food, shopping, exciting festivals, and good access to natural beauty.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Fluency in English
- A fantastic attitude
- Valid, work-appropriate visa
- Available to start in December or January
- Teaching experience
- Teaching qualifications such as TEFL / TESOL
- Proofreading experience
Please contact us at the e-mail address given on the job heading to apply. Send us a resume and brief cover letter detailing your teaching experience, the most fun and most challenging teaching moments you have had, and any proofreading experience.