Date posted:2023-07-04 | Writer: Joan's British Centre | Email: [email protected]
Joan's British Centre is a language school located in Verbania, a beautiful area in the North of Italy, on the shores of Lake Maggiore, close to the Alps and Switzerland. The school is looking for a passionate creative English teacher to join its staff for the next academic year 2023/24.
This position is open for a native-level or mother tongue English speaker who is willing to commit for the entire period.
- From September 2023 to June 2024
- 25 teaching hours per week
- Lessons in presence at the school, online, in public schools or firms in the Verbania area
- Preparing lesson plans and teaching material
- Teaching English to young learners (5+), teenagers and adults
- Preparing students for official Exams (Cambridge, IELTS, ...)
Requirements and qualifications:
- EU resident, eligible to work in Italy
- Relevant teaching experience
- University/College Degree
- Driving license
- Confident and able to have fun with children (5+)
- Fun, enthusiastic, creative, hardworking and high energy
- Willing and open to learn new teaching methods
- Open-minded, with an interest in learning and integrating with other cultures
- Friendly and able to work as part of a team
Preferred, but not essential:
- CELTA or TEFL/TESOL Certificate
- Italian language speaker
- Skills in music and/or drama
- Ability to facilitate a variety of group programmes including sports, arts and crafts, theatre, games, etc.
- July 3rd to July 20th: application and job interview booking for invited candidates
- July 17th to 22nd: job interviews week
- July 24th to 29th: interview feedback
- Job confirmation by August 15th.
Please apply only if you meet the requirements and if you're seriously interested. Thank you!
Salary and Benefits:
- EUR 1.400,00 after tax per month
- If required, accommodation could be provided
- Pick-up at the airport or at the train station on arrival
- Constant Training
- Resources and material available (eg. flashcards, games, books etc.)
- 2 week days off
- Christmas, Easter holidays and all Italian National holidays paid
For details on how to apply, please contact the email address in the job heading.