"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL in East Timor - Dili
Date posted:2004-08-27 | Writer: East Timor English Language Institute | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
East Timor English Language Institute, Dili, East Timor is seeking qualified
teachers to teach English to working adult learners. The courses have a strong work focus as it is employers who are providing the classes for their staff.
There will be positions available in Dili starting in September 2004.
Dili is the capital of the newest country in the world. After a 25 year struggle for independence from Indonesia, East Timor is facing many challenges as it establishes itself as a new nation. One of these challenges is the capacity of Timorese human resources to relate to the rest of the world using English. The incumbents will be charged with teaching Timorese learners working in Government, international donor agencies, NGOs, embassies and some private enterprises.
ETELI established itself and has grown and succeeded by responding to local needs and adapted to local conditions. ETELI is the largest provider of English courses in East Timor and courses range from Beginner to Advanced and ๋English for Specific Purposesํ and IELTS preparation courses. All teachers are internationally qualified and experienced.
Our Academic Programs
Our primary mission is to help all of our students meet their language needs. The following is some information to give candidates a general idea of our academic environment.
* The majority of our students are working adults.
* Class size is limited to 15, but averages about 8.
* English levels range from beginners to advanced.
* There is a growing focus on specialized English courses, in particular Office and Administrative English. English for Academic Purposes and IELTS training is also of significant importance
* There is computer (with internet) and photocopy access for teachers
* Instructors are provided with guidelines for every course. They are strongly encouraged to adapt materials depending on their studentsํ needs and their own teaching style.
What you offer
* Suitable TEFL qualification - teachers need to be able to work independently and some level of course design will be required.
* Previous teaching experience outside of the TEFL course is strongly preferred
* Enthusiastic, committed approach to English teaching
What we provide
* Return airfare from either Bali or Darwin for 6 months of service
* Full working visa
* US dollar based salary allowing for a comfortable lifestyle
* Flexible, negotiated time off periods
We encourage all applicants to ask us as many questions as needed. Please send your CV/resume and short introduction message by e-mail to email@example.com
P.O. Box 199
Dili, East Timor - this address is very slow
phone: (+670) 723 3720