"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Teach English to Young Learners in Indonesia
Date posted:2013-10-16 | Writer: Goldstar Teachers | Email: jobs@GoldStarTeachers.com
Goldstar Teachers are currently recruiting enthusiastic EFL teachers to teach young learners at modern language schools throughout Indonesia. Are you looking to develop your career in one of Asia’s most vibrant and exciting countries, working alongside an international team of teachers where every day at work you will be making a real difference? Candidates will use a variety of teaching methods along with their creativity and energy and a wide range of teaching materials and technology to engage students in a truly memorable and effective learning experience.
We are a truly global company, established in 1965 and now with over 400 centers around the world. We teach over 20,000 students in 65 schools throughout Indonesia and have established ourselves as the market leader for private language learning. We have TEFL positions available year round in cosmopolitan cities as well as in more exotic, rural locations. Popular cities include the capital Jakarta as well as Bali, Surabaya, Bandung, Semarang, Bogor, Yogyakarta and Solo.
The main age group range from 7 to 14 years old, although classes are also offered to younger students and older teenagers as well, ensuring teachers teach a wide variety of ages and abilities. This age group requires a lot of energy and passion as well as the ability to create excitement and fun in the classroom.
Teachers are encouraged to use their creativity to really bring the lesson alive and make the most of a variety of activities such as role plays, group work, competitions, drama and stories. The class sizes are kept small, to an average of 6-12 students, which allows for noticeable progress to be made and also makes classroom management that much easier.
Course materials & technology:
Popular with students and teachers alike, our course books have been developed by a dedicated team of linguistic and educational experts. Course books are accompanied by a wide range of supplementary materials including flashcards, posters, handouts, CD’s, videos, songs and in-class computer applications, all essential for teachers to deliver varied and engaging classes. All schools have interactive white boards, connected to the internet and loaded with multimedia resources which add an exciting new dimension to how you teach.
· Bachelor’s degree in an English related subject (Education , TEFL, Linguistics or Literature)
· TEFL / TESOlL/ CELTA certificate
· Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand
· Aged between 25 and 54 years old (for visa application)
· Can commit to a 12 month contract
· Outgoing, social, passionate about teaching, culturally aware
· Teach a variety of English classes to a range of abilities
· Total of 40 hours per week work, of which maximum of 24 hours per week is teaching
· Ensure students learn in an engaging manner
· Make good use of our extensive course materials and technology in the classroom
· Excellent salary (details provided once we receive your application)
· Accommodation or housing allowance provided in most locations
· Round trip flight reimbursement provided
· 12 days paid vacation per year in addition to public holidays
· Contract renewal bonus for most locations
· Legal work visa and permits provided
· On-going training and professional development
· Airport pick up
· Full medical insurance
· Indonesian classes
· Career development opportunities worldwide
How to apply:
Please send the following to Aidan at the email address given on the job heading:
· Covering letter
· Passport photo page (scan)
· Degree & TEFL certificates (scan)
· Recent, smart photo
· Quote reference EFITT10A in the email subject
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.