"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Teach English in Surabaya, Indonesia
Date posted:2007-07-09 | Writer: EF English First | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Surabaya is ideally located for visits to Bali and the historic and cultural attractions of Java, and also to the other islands of Indonesia. It is a friendly and tolerant city with an ethnically diverse population.
:: About EF English First ::
English First is a large and well-established organization with over 50 schools in Indonesia alone. The Surabaya franchisee runs nine very successful schools in East Java and two in Bali. We employ around 50 native speakers, so we have regular positions available for teachers.
:: About the Position ::
The position will start in August 2007. The successful candidate will teach courses for young learners, teenagers and adults.
:: Our Academic Programs ::
*Our regular classes meet in the EF schools in the afternoons and evenings from Mondays to Fridays. We have two children?s programmes for the 6-10 and 10-13 age groups. Our General English classes for teenagers and adults meet at the same times.
:: What you offer ::
* A TEFL certificate, with a minimum of 100 hours' study and including observed teaching practice.
* A professional approach to teaching.
* A willingness to teach a range of courses with students of different age groups, including children?s classes.
* A readiness to adapt to living and working in Indonesia.
:: What we offer ::
* A renewable one-year contract with a salary allowing a comfortable lifestyle and travel within Indonesia.
* One-way airfare from country of hire, and airfare to country of origin upon completion of contract.
* Full working visa.
* A bonus of one month's salary upon contract completion.
* 15 vacation days, in addition to two weeks of vacation when the school is closed and about 10 days a year of public holidays. All these are paid holidays.
* Health insurance.
* A fully furnished house shared with other EF teachers, or a housing allowance to go towards the cost of renting and furnishing your own house.
* A dynamic and supportive working environment in a well-equipped school with opportunities for career development.
:: To apply ::
please send your CV/resume by e-mail to Alan Davies at this address:
We guarantee to respond to every applicant.
We regret that due to strict immigration regulations we can only consider applicants who are nationals of the Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK and the USA.
For more information, please visit our website: