"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Job Teaching English in Jakarta, Indonesia
Date posted:2005-07-06 | Writer: EF English First | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* ONE (1) FULL TIME TEACHING POSITION TO START ASAP
Jakarta is the capital of Indonesia and the country's political, economic, and business center. Kalimalang and Bekasi are located about thirty minutes by taxi east of downtown.
About English First
We are a locally owned franchise supported by a worldwide network of affiliated branches and offices. EF English First Kalimalang is the primary training center serving communities in Kalimalang and surrounding areas. Since its inauguration in March 2001, EF Kalimalang has had a steadily increasing enrollment and is committed to excellence in meeting the needs of its students. EF English First Bekasi was opened in May of 2002 and is a smaller satellite school operating under the umbrella of EF Kalimalang to provide quality EFL training to the Bekasi community.
Our Academic Programs
Our primary mission is to help all of our students meet their language needs. Our course offerings are well developed and include comprehensive English language training programs for Very Young Learners, Young Learners, General English, Business English, International Exam Preparation (TOEFL, TOEIC, and IELTS), and Conversation. The demand for Corporate Language Training in our area has recently been steadily increasing. The following is some information to give candidates a general idea of our academic environment:
* English levels range from beginners to advanced
* Student ages range from children of three years to adult professionals
* Class size is limited to 14, but averages about 10; VYL classes are kept below eight
* There is a video room and computer lab with up-to-date software for media-based lessons
* Extensive resources for teachers and a developing library for students
* Instructors are provided with a comprehensive syllabus for every course they are asked to teach and are encouraged to adapt them depending on student needs and their own teaching style
What you offer
* A recognized TEFL certificate (minimum four weeks including observed practice teaching).
* Previous teaching experience outside of the TEFL course is preferred, but not required.
* Extensive relevant experience in teaching will also be considered.
* A solid work ethic, which includes full acceptance of a commitment to teaching and the welfare of the individual student and school.
* A flexibility of character which permits adaptation to life and work in a developing, tropical country.
* An enthusiastic desire to teach students of all ages - including children.
* A positive attitude and sense of humor
What we offer
* Airfare from city of hire
* Return airfare to city of origin upon completion of one year contract
* Full working visa
* Rupiah based salary allowing for a comfortable lifestyle and holidays within Indonesia
* 14 working days holiday per twelve-month contract in addition to public holidays and school closings during the annual end of Ramadan and Christmas holidays
* Health insurance
* Furnished housing shared with other teachers.
* A dynamic, supportive working environment offering many opportunities for career development
We encourage all applicants to ask us as many questions as needed. We want our teachers to be fully informed about EF English First Kalimalang/Bekasi and the quality of employment we provide. For more information, please contact us.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and your CV/resume by e-mail or facsimile. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Director of Studies
EF English First Kalimalang
EF English First Bekasi
Jl. Raya Kalimalang Blok N/12 B
Fax: (+62) 21-861-4272
Phone: (+62) 21-860-8888