Date posted:2018-09-10 | Writer: Explorer Island | Email: [email protected]
Explorer Island is an independently owned learning centre that focuses on creating a positive learning environment for its students. We are currently looking for a Native level English Speaker with CELTA, TESOL, or equivalent ESL training, to teach children aged 1-12. We are known for putting the children’s well-being first as well as delivering a positive and fun working environment. We believe that we deliver a progressive, child-centered approach to teaching that delivers results, and that happy learners are fast learners.
Explorer Island has two locations at the moment. Our main branch is based in Po Lam. This is easily accessible by public transport and is a 20min journey from Hong Kong Island. The centre is next to a shopping mall and there are many low-cost restaurants in the area.
We are looking for a Native English Teacher (NET) to teach children aged 1-12
• You will be responsible for teaching lessons
• Caring for the wellbeing of the students
• Delivering fun, exciting and engaging lessons
• Curriculum design and completion
• Student progress reports
• Native English Speaker with CELTA, TEFL, TESOL or equivalent ESL training
• A bachelor’s degree
• A passion for working with children
• Experience preferred, but not essential
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
• Excellent work environment with a team of fun, kind and caring staff.
• $19,000 - $26,000 depending on qualifications & experience
• Contract completion bonus
• 5-days working week
• 10 days Annual Leave + School Holidays
• On-the-job training for industry-wide courses eg Trinity, Cambridge, Phonics, Playgroup
• Small class sizes (usually 4-6 students per class)
• Visa Sponsorship
HOW DO YOU APPLY?
Interested parties please submit resume with recent (6 months) photo, expected salary and contact information to the email address given on the job heading. Teachers in Hong Kong are more than welcome to apply too.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for interview. Personal data collected will be kept in strict confidence and only be used for recruitment related purpose. Applicants not notified within 6 weeks may consider their application unsuccessful.
G27, Metro City Phase III, Po Lam
Tseung Kwan O,
Tel: 3160 8930
Below you can read feedback from an ITTT graduate regarding one section of their online TEFL certification course. Each of our online courses is broken down into concise units that focus on specific areas of English language teaching.