Date posted:2021-01-28 | Writer: American Village | Email: [email protected]
American Village Camps seek energetic, creative, initiative-takers who are fluent English speakers & love working with children. We’ve been running English immersion camps in France since 1994! In 2021, we are running camps from April to August.
You would be an English Language Counselor, living at our immersion camps, which are scattered in the countryside across France. You would lead activities & English classes for French children between the ages of 7 & 17 years old. Counselors are responsible for the safety and well-being of the campers under their care.
The average contract length is 6 – 8 weeks. Salary is 1170 euros per month. Meals and housing are paid for by the employer.
- A salary for all days worked: 1170 Euros / month.
- Shared dorm-style housing with other counselors, bedding included.
- Meals included.
- Free laundry services are available at least once a week.
- Absolutely no application fee to apply to this job.
- All counselors may request a 55€ defrayal of train travel to their village (within France).
- Accident insurance while working for work-related injuries.
- We have multiple camps running simultaneously across France. Nacel pays for any work-related transportation costs if the counselor changes camps.
- Required experience: camp counseling, childcare, &/or teaching experience
- Fluent C1 Level English with corresponding certificate OR native speaker of English with a high school diploma from a high school in an Anglophone country.
- Correct grammar and spelling on application
- Knowledge of north American or British history and culture, preferably through travel or studies
- 20 years old is the minimum age requirement for foreign counselors. A typical applicant is between 20 and 35 years old.
- Clear criminal history
- Must be European or be able to enter Schengen Zone as a tourist.
- Being a team player, be organized, and a good communicator.
- Kindness, caring and friendly: a people-person.
- Able to disconnect from technology during working hours (no smartphones while with the kids).
- Classroom teaching can be a part of this job. Counselors are receptive to our approach of teaching English through active participation, positive reinforcement and encouragement.- Capable of organizing activities in English : sports, arts & crafts, dance, large scale games, etc.
- Happy to perform in skits, tell stories, lead songs & cheers, all in English.
For information about how to apply, please contact the email address in the job heading.