Date posted:2018-08-06 | Writer: Angol IntÃ©zet | Email: [email protected]
Angol Intézet is a rapidly expanding English language school located in Budapest, Hungary focused on teaching English to adults for the purposes of English language communication in work and business. We are seeking TEFL qualified native level English speakers to fill the role of English language teacher.
+ Did you know that according to CNN, Budapest is one of the world's best (2nd place) cities?
+ Lonely Planet rates Budapest as one of Europe's top travel destinations (also 2nd place).
+ And according to the European Backpacker Index 2014 Budapest is one of the most affordable cities in Europe.
+ Find out what the buzz is about! Whether it's Budapest's unique "ruin pubs", the Europe-leading "Sziget" music festival, or the world class A38 boat/concert venue Budapest is where it's happening.
Angol Intézet currently has three locations in Budapest and also offers English language instruction on site at companies. The success of the language school has proven that demand for personalized English language instruction in the premium segment is strong, and this TEFL position represents an excellent opportunity and an unforgettable time abroad for the right candidate.
The position involves teaching English as a second language (ESL) to adults in small group (2-6 students) and individual (1:1) classes. Course focuses include business English, general English, targeted preparation for job interviews, presentations and negotiations, and language exam preparation. Courses take place in our modern, high-level language centres in Buda and Pest and on-site at companies in Budapest.
There will be also opportunities for teachers who enjoy teaching young learners to do so as part of our young learners program starting in September.
- Native level English speaker
- Internationally recognized ESL teaching qualification required (Cambridge CELTA, TESOL or equivalent)
- Enthusiasm, professionalism, responsibility, and reliability,
- EU citizenship.
- Two to three years of English teaching experience,
- Experience teaching business English,
- Experience and willingness to teach learners of a wide range of levels (A2-C1),
- Experience teaching young learners,
- Experience in exam preparation for internationally recognized language exams such as IELTS and Cambridge,
- Experience living or working abroad,
- Basic knowledge of and/or experience in business,
- Openness to technology and news ways of teaching,
- Basic awareness of news, trends, and current events.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Partial flight compensation within the EU,
- "Hit the ground running" accommodation stipend,
- Paid induction and mentoring upon arrival, continuous professional support,
- A 9 month contract with a guaranteed, fixed monthly salary (HUF 300,000/USD 1,200),
- Local public health insurance,
- The opportunity to earn extra income through overtime (optional),
- Free monthly fitness pass at a premium fitness facility,
- Paid holiday and sick leave,
- Premium clientele. Contract duration: September 2018-June 2019 (with an option to extend).
Contact us via email at the address given on the job heading for details about the application process.
Below you can read feedback from an ITTT graduate regarding one section of their online TEFL certification course. Each of our online courses is broken down into concise units that focus on specific areas of English language teaching.