"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL Volunteering in Costa Rica
Date posted:2012-12-09 | Writer: Friends of Nature Copey Learning Center | Email: email@example.com
Friends of Nature Copey Learning Center is looking for Volunteer EFL Teachers to work in Costa Rica starting February 2013. We are a non-profit educational center dedicated to promoting social development through the learning of English as a Foreign Language. We offer programs to community members of all ages in the areas of EFL, environmental education and cultural development in order to foster social sustainability. Our school was founded and is run by community members of Copey de Dota.
LOCATION: Our community school is located in the town of Copey de Dota in the beautiful Zona de los Santos, Costa Rica. We are about an hour and a half south of the capital of San Jose, in the heart of the coffee growing region of Costa Rica. Our town is set in a national forest reserve amidst dramatic scenery and lush vegetation, and nearby Parque Nacional de los Quetzales.
WHEN: We are looking to fill positions starting February 2013 for a period of 3 months to one year.
* Native level English Speaker.
* Bachelor of Education or TEFL certification (if TEFL certified, teaching experience is required).
* Willingness to integrate with the local community
* Experience living and working independently.
Because we are community-based, there is no fee to volunteer with us nor can we offer a salary. Instead, our program will provide:
* Transportation from the San José Juan Santamaría airport or your current location to the community.
* Lodging and 3 meals per day. Accommodation includes a private room and laundry facilities.
* Teaching materials.
* Ongoing support from the school board members in what the volunteer might require during their stay.
The volunteer is responsible for their flight to and out of Costa Rica and medical insurance for the duration of their stay. Our volunteers teach an average of 20 hours per week. Our program is offered to the general community and as such, student ages can vary from toddlers to retired adults.
Please apply be e-mailing your resumé and references to Seidy Rodríguez at the address given on the job heading.