"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Education Coordinator for TEFL in Santiago, Chile
Date posted:2002-10-01 | Writer: The meeting point - English institute. | Email: email@example.com
The Meeting Point - English Institute is a small English institute established about 2 years ago in Providencia, Santiago, Chile, which offers courses in general, academic and business English. The majority of classes take place off-site in companies with the remainder of classes, to both adults and children, taking place in the institute.
The institute is also the only Solution Provider in Chile for the award-winning ELLIS (English Language Learning Instruction System - see Contact us), a North-American multi-media system for the teaching of English and has a modern computer laboratory dedicated to the use of the system, as well as a small cafeteria.
Ideally, you will:
- be a native speaker of English or native speaker level
- be a permanent resident of Chile or be prepared to commit to a long-term contract i.e. 2+ years
- speak competent Spanish
- be qualified to degree level in ideally English, modern languages or a business subject
- have a post-graduate qualification in the teaching of English as a Foreign or Second Language or Applied Linguistics, ideally RSA DELTA or MA TEFL/TESOL/Applied Linguistics
- have significant experience teaching general English to both adults and young learners and business English, preferably to Spanish speakers
Experience in a similar management/administrative position would be an advantage.
You will be responsible for programme and course design and direction; teacher recruitment and training, carrying out teacher observations and giving feedback; scheduling; student counseling and related administrative tasks. Additionally, you will be required to give academic support in the use of the ELLIS multi-media system in the institute, companies and other organizations and institutions and carry out presentations of the system to potential clients.
You should be dedicated, flexible and resourceful, able to multi-task, possess excellent people and communication skills and have a good sense of humour. You should also be a team player and be keen to get involved in the growth of all areas of this small business.
Salary, contract and conditions negotiable.
Please e-mail or fax your CV/resume with covering letter and references to:
The Meeting Point - English Institute, Los Leones 475, Providencia, Santiago, Chile.
Tel: +56-2-246-8261/334-8481. Fax: +56-2-334-8489.