Date posted:2021-10-02 | Writer: Albert International Academy (AIA) | Email: [email protected]
Albert International Academy (AIA) is a leading private international school in Cambodia. Our vision is to be committed to the pursuit of academic excellence, enabling students and staff in realizing their potential within a safe, positive, and caring environment where all students and staff have the opportunity to work hard to achieve their best. AIA employs globally recognised curriculums, the International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC) and International Primary Curriculum (IPC).
We are looking for English native homeroom teachers both early years and primary years programmes. The Homeroom Teachers shall hold accountability to carry out all the key roles and responsibilities to ensure and assure the education quality.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Participate in the process of developing IPC route plan.
• Collaborate with Academic Coordinator/Head Teacher to develop long-term, medium-term and short-term instructional plans and pacing guides.
• Work with Head Teacher and teachers to plan pedagogical and assessment strategies.
Delivery of Instruction
• Teach the IPC units accordance with the curriculum goals.
• Employ a variety of teaching techniques responsive to students’ needs and development.
• Adapt teaching and learning materials from Twinkl.com and Education.com by aligning them with the main curriculum materials.
• Use Learning Management System including IXL, Highlights Library, Google Classroom and Zoom to assign and provide feedback to students’ tasks on a regular basis.
• Create and maintain a classroom environment conducive to learning.
• Design the classroom layout that respond to instructional plans and learning activities.
• Establish classroom rules and routines that maintain the effective implementation of classroom activities.
• Develop caring, supportive relationships with students to promote a positive learning environment.
• Design engaging and motivating classroom activities that improve learning.
Instruction and Assessment
• Participate in and provide input for developing and revising assessment policy.
• Keep ongoing learning records and write unit, semester and annual reports.
• Develop quality worksheets, homework, tests, exams and reports.
• Degrees or certificates in teaching
• Good experience in planning and implementing the IPC
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, instruct and evaluate learning activities at the primary level
• An interest in living and working in a different culture
Please submit the following documents to the email address in the job heading:
• University graduation diploma, with TEFL/TESOL certificate
• Copy of passport first page