"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Teach EFL in Spanish Private Schools
Date posted:2015-01-05 | Writer: Meddeas | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meddeas (Multilingual Education Development and Support), is recruiting young talents for once in a lifetime experience teaching English in Spain. This is an ideal opportunity for newly qualified TEFL graduates.
Meddeas, with presence in four countries, is a leading organization specialized in giving support services to Spanish bilingual schools, providing consultancy, selecting language teachers and managing language assistant programs.
Becoming an English Language Assistant in a Spanish school for one year is a unique experience that will stay with you for your entire life. As well as learning Spanish, improving your language skills, exploring a community and living a multicultural experience, you'll build your sense of independence and gain the satisfaction of firing young imaginations. And you will return with skills and experiences that will make any recruiter sit up and take note!
Selected candidates will:
• Join a Spanish school to cooperate as language assistants with 20 teaching hours per week for one academic year, with the same holidays as the school.
• Receive a 20 ECTS Expert in Bilingual Education course, given online in English by a Spanish university to help you in your tasks as language assistant.
• Have health insurance covered by the program (EU citizens).
• Receive a monthly remuneration, more than enough for living in Spain as a student.
• Have support from the school´s designated Tutor and from Meddeas, helping the language assistant in his/her task.
What does a language assistant do?
• Deliver conversational English lessons during the requested weekly hours.
• Encourage oral practice in English.
• Explain the culture of your own country.
• Play games, sing songs... (if with pre-school or elementary levels).
• Help in other subjects apart from English such as science, art, sport.
• Act as a role model for correct pronunciation and grammar.
• Collaborate with teaching staff in creating teaching materials and planning lessons.
To be eligible, you must:
• Be a native-level English speaker.
• Enjoy working with children and/or young people
• Be energetic and imaginative.
• Have no prior criminal convictions
Being competent in the Spanish language is recommended, but is not necessary.
Recent graduates (last four years) or university students preferred.
• Unbeatable grant program conditions.
• Professional teaching experience and valuable course for you CV.
• Positions available with different children age ranges.
• Multicultural experience and the chance to learn a new language.
• Pre-selected candidates will attend a personal interview in USA, UK or Ireland.
• Immediate and future vacancies available.
Doubts? Interested? Please send an email to the address given on the job heading.
To apply: Send your CV and Cover letter to the address given on the job heading.
Interviews are held on an ongoing basis so we encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.