"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Immediate Job Opening for EFL Teachers in Peru
Date posted:2014-05-22 | Writer: Academia Superior-Idiomas | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academia Superior-Idiomas (ASI) is seeking motivated TEFL-certified teachers capable of meeting our high standards for our new English education program. ASI offers a 24-month program regular program; a 36-month, intensive weekend program; and a course for children from families who cannot typically afford English classes. We urgently require teachers who can arrive before June 26th- one week before the start of our July term.
ASI teachers will:
• Teach one or more two- or four-hour classes of up to 15 students, (ASI offers English classes on weekday evenings and also on the weekend).
• Take part in marketing the ASI English Program
• Take part in creating and editing the English books and workbooks distributed to students for daily use in the classroom
• Take part in efforts to evaluate the English program
• TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certification – Certification course can be in progress at the time of application
• Native or Native-level fluency in oral and written English
• Free four-hour intensive Spanish classes offered Monday – Friday
• Free housing in one of our residences with fellow interns and Spanish students
• Free Peruvian breakfast and lunch everyday
• Reimbursement of up to 100 Peruvian nuevo soles each month to help cover food and living expenses
• 3 vacation days each month
• Teacher training and mentoring from our Academic Department Directors
• Excursions arranged by ASI staff
• Participation in ASI events (e.g. barbecues, weekly salsa lessons)
Teaching positions are unpaid, but ASI teachers have an opportunity to develop their teaching skills while learning Spanish from the native Spanish speakers who teach our classes. ASI also houses its teachers with other ASI interns free of charge.
ASI is located in Pimentel, Peru, a small beach town 15 minutes away from Chiclayo, the fourth largest city in Peru. Pimentel and Chiclayo are a bus ride away from nearby historical and cultural sites and other cities including Chachapoyas, Cajamarca, and Trujillo. ASI will assist teachers interested in visiting those or other sites nearby. Apply today for an opportunity to teach, learn Spanish, and explore northern Perú.
Duration: 3-12 months
Start date: Open
Getting excited? We are looking forward to your application. Send us an E-Mail at the address given on the job heading.