"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL Jobs in Yemen
Date posted:2011-05-18 | Writer: YCMES Employment | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Center for Business English at the Yemen College of Middle Eastern Studies is hiring TEFL qualified ESP/Business English Teachers for its Summer and Fall 2011 terms. We offer a competitive package that includes monthly tax-free salary (commensurate with qualifications and experience), fully-furnished housing accommodation with paid utilities, internet, round-trip plane ticket to Yemen upon successful completion of contract, visa and residency, Arabic language courses, cultural activities and field trips, and use of other YCMES facilities and services.
Qualifications and desirable skills
• MA in EFL, Education, or related field, or MBA & TEFL certification, or BA with TEFL certification and significant experience
• 5 years full-time EFL/ESP teaching experience
• Flexibility to work in a diverse and multicultural work environment
• Organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and computer usage
• Experience teaching the Middle East and/or Arab students a plus
• Only native English speakers will be considered for this position
Summary of Responsibilities
• Teach English courses following established YCMES guidelines using communicative language teaching strategies and methodologies. Maintain a classroom environment that optimizes learning.
• Monitor, assess, and evaluate student work and progress.
• Prepare reports, lessons plans, supplemental materials, activities, and quizzes as required. Maintain up-to-date records of lesson plans, student attendance, and grades, according to YCMES procedures.
• Contribute to curriculum and test development.
• Participate in teacher training workshops and other developmental activities designed to enhance the quality of teaching and participate in the delivery of such training.
• Assist in miscellaneous administrative duties related to the effective operation of a language institute.
• As a native speaker: serve as a resource for English language and culture to trainees and staff members who are not familiar with native-English culture.
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to the e-mail address given on the job heading. Please indicate “ESP/Business English Instructor” and the website/ad to which you are responding in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For over two decades, the Yemen College of Middle Eastern Studies has played a leading role in educating foreigners in Yemen. Originally founded in 1989 as the Yemen Language Center, YLC was the first institution in Yemen devoted exclusively to teaching Arabic as a foreign language. In 2006, the YLC evolved into the Yemen College of Middle Eastern Studies (YCMES), a private, non-profit educational institution accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research. Designed to the highest academic standards, the YCMES hosts visiting professors from around the world, who teach an array of courses in contemporary Middle Eastern studies, complementing the Arabic courses offered.
Building on its reputation and experience in the area of language instruction, and in response to the increased demand in the business world for excellence in English, the Yemen College of Middle Eastern Studies has established the Center for Business English (CBE) as part of the Program in English Language (PEL). The Center is open to corporate employees and business executives who wish to improve their business language and professional skills in a commercial context in the shortest possible time. Classes are usually designed for 8-12 adult individuals.