"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
University TEFL Position Available in Mexico
Date posted:2017-08-16 | Writer: Universidad Tecnológica de la Mixteca | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Universidad Tecnológica de la Mixteca (UTM) has a full time TEFL position with attractive benefits starting in September 2017. Teachers teach 3-5 classes daily and have the opportunity to contribute to other areas of the faculty and the local community.
We are the flagship university in the SUNEO system of public universities in the state of Oaxaca, and are considered one of the leading institutions in southern Mexico. Our Language Institute is a vibrant, professional and supportive workplace comprised of language instructors of different nationalities and educational backgrounds.
Aside from providing quality instruction to students, the department focuses on both professional and community development and we are looking for motivated, self-starters who are willing to participate in projects outside of classes.
University/college campus in Huajuapan de León, a city of about 80,000 people situated in the beautiful state of Oaxaca, halfway between the colonial cities of Oaxaca City and Puebla.
Please note that all travel to the university, housing expenses and visa fees have to be paid for by the teacher. The university does not pay for travel expenses, housing or visa applications (initial or renewals).
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Wage: Take home pay is approximately $13,500 – 16,000 MXN per month, depending on qualifications and experience, which is a very competitive local salary. Teachers also receive benefits including healthcare, savings plan, bonuses and 5 weeks paid vacation.
• Native speaker competence
• Successful applicants will have a B.A. + CELTA, TEFL, TESOL or equivalent or an M.A. in a relevant field and classroom teaching experience
• A Bachelor’s degree is a minimum requirement for teaching at university level in Mexico, so we cannot consider applicants who do not have a Bachelor´s degree.
• Specific TESOL/TEFL training is also a requirement of the university’s Academic Council
• Although it is not a requirement, ability in Spanish or another foreign language would be a definite asset
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your CV and cover letter to the address given on the job heading.