"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Full-time EFL Teacher Needed in Gifu City, Japan
Date posted:2017-04-17 | Writer: The Bohme English Academy | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bohme English Academy has an opportunity in Gifu city teaching EFL to children of various ages 5 days a week (Tuesday-Saturday) starting in July 2017. The majority of the students are between the ages of 2 and 8. We are looking for candidates with the following attributes:
* Applicants with teaching degrees, and/or qualifications such as the TESOL /CELTY will be highly favoured.
* You should be flexible and adaptable, with the ability/desire to teach a wide range of students.
* We would like applicants to have experience in the field of early childhood teaching.
*An ability to work independently is very important. While we will train successful candidates, we recognize that every teacher is different and has strengths in different areas. With this in mind we want our teachers to use their own teaching style & methods to create fun and exciting classes for our students.
* Our 3 home schools are based in Ichinomiya City (Aichi Prefecture), Ginan Town and Gifu City (Gifu Prefecture).
* Classrooms are fully equipped with unlimited internet access, video / audio access and countless supplementary materials.
* Our class size limits are as follows:
1-2 year olds (with mothers) - 8 student limit
3-6 year olds (with a Japanese assistant) 15 student limit
6-10 year olds - 8 student limit
11-16 year olds - 8 student limit
* Most classes are 50 minutes in length, but our pre-school age (3-6 year olds) classes are longer.
* Teaching materials are provided, but we actively encourage our teachers to create their own lesson materials as well.
- Native level English speaker.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- TESOL / EFL training and experience in an ESL setting.
- The ability to plan enjoyable, high quality lessons for a variety of classes.
- Possess a positive attitude.
- DBS check/Criminal records check
* Please specify in your cover letter when you are available to start.
* Please also specify if you are currently residing in Japan and provide us with two references
- Experience living overseas for a minimum of 6 months.
- Japanese is an asset, as is any other second language.
- The ability to adhere to curriculum planning deadlines.
- International drivers license.
- Starting salary: 250,000 yen per month.
- Performance bonuses.
- Fully furnished and spacious shared staff house/apartment (depends on school). ¥40,000 / month plus shared utilities and internet, as well as refundable deposits.
- Visa sponsorship.
- Travel bonus, as well as a contract completion bonus.
- Company will provide a cell phone if needed - call charges to be paid by you.
Please e-mail your CV, a cover letter explaining about your experience, why you want to come to Japan and recent photo to the address given on the job heading.
*Please note: If you haven't heard from us within a 2 week period please deem yourself unsuccessful.