"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL Teachers Needed in Jakarta, Indonesia
Date posted:2012-07-05 | Writer: The Wall Street Institute Indonesia | Email: John.Kotcher@wallstreet.ac.id
Wall Street Institute has opportunities for TEFL qualified teachers in Jakarta. We are one of the world's most successful private English language schools and currently operate in 28 countries with over 400 centers. With just 5 years in business in Jakarta, WSI's success has been phenomenal – now over 8,000 students! WSI's students are mostly in their late teens, twenties or thirties, and are a blend of university students, office workers, high school students, housewives, and even celebrities. They are generally well-read and well-traveled, making them great conversationalists.
Wall Street Institute is owned by Pearson, the largest and most successful education company in the world. In addition, WSI Indonesia has won 3 global awards for giving the best service out of 28 WSI countries worldwide.
Why teach at Wall Street Institute?
* Monthly salary range starting from 15,000,000 - 17,000,000 rupiah (approximately $1,600 - 1,800 per month)
* Teachers receive a year-end bonus worth approximately one month's salary (this can be used for a flight home or just pocketed as cash)
* Teachers who renew their contract are given an additional $800 renewal bonus
* Incoming airfare is reimbursed
* 1 month of vacation time: 16 days of annual leave and roughly 15 national paid holidays
* 100% of visa and work permit costs are covered
* Medical insurance is provided for both out- and in-patient care
* The average classroom size is 1:3
* We have high standards for recruiting staff, both locals and ex-pats, so you are guaranteed to be working with great colleagues
* We have internet for teachers and free flow of coffee
* Ample opportunity for professional growth and promotion, including managerial opportunities opening up due to our expansion plans over the next 5 years
* Housing is not provided but we'll help you get situated
* 25-hour Teacher Excellency Training is provided
* Private airport pickup and transportation upon arrival
* Teachers are put up in a hotel for up to 5 days fully paid
* A staff “buddy” will assist teachers in finding accommodation and setting up a bank account
* $200 spending money is given on arrival
* 8-hour Indonesian course for basic language skills is provided
* 25 - 55 years old
* Some prior teaching / ESL experience
* Bachelors degree
* TEFL, or equivalent, certified
* Native language English speaker with passport from the U.S., U.K., Ireland, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand (Non-negotiable government requirement)
* Be able to obtain a health certificate stating you are healthy in body/mind and free of HIV/AIDS (Non-negotiable government requirement)
* Passionate about both teaching and life; friendly and outgoing
* Professionally dressed and well-groomed
Please write a cover letter in the body of your email indicating why you want to work at WSI Jakarta and attach your CV in MS Word format to the e-mail address given on the job heading,
for the attention of John Kotcher
*Please note that only candidates who meet the above requirements and provide an adequate cover letter will be contacted.
Due to the large volume of applicants, kindly do not attach any additional files. Later in the recruitment process we will request certificates, college diplomas/transcripts, professional references, and other documentation if we choose to move forward with an application.
Thank you for your interest in joining The Wall Street Institute Indonesia – we look forward to hearing from you!
A special note for those thinking of coming to Indonesia: It's a country made up of 17,000 islands and has something for any person looking for a new adventure. With hundreds of volcanoes, large jungles, enough beaches to explore for a lifetime, the best diving in the world and people of incredible generosity and kindness - it's the place to be!
In terms of Jakarta, it’s one of the cheapest as well as safest places to live in Asia. There is an abundance of exotic fresh fruit at every market, year-round. Thai, Japanese, Korean and of course Indonesian dishes are easily found. If you like to be pampered there are well-priced spa treatments, luxury hotels and movie theaters with beds while for party-goers some of the best nightlife in Asia is in Jakarta and big name concerts regularly pass through. There are international fast food joints for those who need a fix while if you want to stay in shape, there are dozens of international gyms around the city.
It's all very affordable. It's absolutely safe. It's truly incredible. Imagine – It’s Indonesia!