"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Regular Positions Teaching EFL in Indonesia
Date posted:2010-04-15 | Writer: EF English First East Java | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
English First is a large and well-established organization with over 50 schools in Indonesia alone. The Surabaya franchisee runs ten very successful schools in East Java and two in Bali. We employ between more than 50 native speakers, so we have regular positions available for TEFL qualified teachers. The next positions will start soon. Do you want to know why 60% of our teachers are second year or more? Please come and join the professional team of English Teachers at EF English First Surabaya, Indonesia.
Surabaya is Indonesia's second city, and is the capital of East Java province. It is a modern commercial, administrative and educational centre with a friendly population, and has excellent transport links with the rest of Indonesia.
Sidoarjo is ideally located for visits to Bali and the historic and cultural attractions of Java, and also to the other islands of the Indonesian archipelago. Sidoarjo is only 25 km from Surabaya, but it still retains a small-town atmosphere.
Malang is 90 km south of Surabaya and is surrounded by mountains. Malang is a much smaller city than Surabaya and it is known as a centre of rest and recreation because of the noticeably cooler climate and the beauty of the surrounding countryside.
Kediri is 200 km further east and is surrounded by mountains. It is a much smaller city than Surabaya and is a centre of rest and recreation because of the cooler climate and the beauty of the surrounding countryside.
Our Academic Programs
* Class size is limited to 15, but averages about 10. Most students attend high school or university, but there are also growing numbers of young learners and Business English groups. English levels range from beginner to advanced.
* Each school has a comprehensive language resource library and a computer room with up-to-date software.
* Teachers are provided with comprehensive syllabuses for every course, but are encouraged to adapt them for their individual teaching style and their students' needs.
* Most of our classes meet in our schools in the afternoons and evenings on Mondays to Fridays, and also on Saturday mornings in Sidoarjo. A teacher's classes are scheduled on five days a week (Monday to Friday or Tuesday to Saturday), with two consecutive days off in a week (Saturday-Sunday or Sunday-Monday). There are occasional opportunities for voluntary overtime classes at other times and locations.
What you offer
* A TEFL certificate from on-site courses such as the TEFL, TESOL, Trinity or equivalent, with a minimum of 100 hours' study that includes observed teaching practice.
* A higher/ further education certificate such as associate's degree, college diploma, or bachelor's degree.
* A professional approach to teaching.
* A willingness to teach a range of courses with students of different age groups.
* A readiness to adapt to living and working in Indonesia.
What we offer
* A renewable one-year contract with a salary allowing a comfortable lifestyle and travel within Indonesia.
* One-way airfare from country of hire, and airfare to country of origin upon completion of contract.
* Full working visa.
* A bonus of one month's salary upon contract completion.
* Approximately 35 paid vacation days per year. These include 15 days of personal vacation, two weeks each year when our schools are closed, and additional public holidays as declared by the government (approximately 10 days per year).
* Health insurance.
* A fully furnished house shared with other EF teachers, or housing allowance for teachers assigned to our Kediri school.
* A dynamic and supportive working environment with great opportunities for career development. Most of our senior academic staff have been promoted from within the group.
To apply, please send your CV/resume by e-mail to Haryo Baskoro at the address given on the job heading.
We will respond to every applicant.
Please kindly mention about how you found out about our vacancy in your application.
We regret that due to strict immigration regulations we can only consider applicants who are nationals of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK and the USA.