Date posted:2017-03-22 | Writer: Newcastle English Institute | Email: [email protected]
Newcastle English Institute (NEI) is an institution based in Jakarta, Indonesia that specialises in the provision of English language training conducted by EFL teachers to a variety of schools, companies and institutions alike. We have a reputation for recruiting the best people and we also provide a very good compensation package. NEI is spearheaded by a veteran educator in Indonesia; an education management consultant with decades of experience who has helped countless schools achieve their teaching excellence and as well as the ministry of education assemble the national curriculum.
We are always receiving applications all year round. There are full time and part time jobs available.
• Native level English speaker and citizen from United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
• 23-55 years old
• Minimum of 2 years teaching experience proven with reference letters.
• ESL Teaching Certificate (CELTA, TESOL, TEFL, DELTA, or equivalent)
• A Bachelor’s or Master degree in an English Discipline is an advantage
• Original education certificates and transcripts
• Agree to a criminal background checks
• Meets health requirements from the Indonesian government
• Committed (Ready to work under a minimum of 10 month contract)
• Professional attitude (Discipline/punctuality, attire, communication)
• Genuine interest in teaching
• Adaptable, cooperative, sociable, and energetic
• Culturally sensitive
1. Competitive Salary
Our salary is typically higher than our local competitors and can afford you a very good standard of living.
2. Accommodation allowance
On top of salary, we also provide monthly housing & transport allowance that is more than enough to afford a full-furnished apartment in a great location.
3. Various bonus opportunities
Upon the completion of an academic year, a minimum of one-month salary will be given as bonus. A variety of other bonus-generating opportunities are offered.
4. Company-sponsored working permits
Work without worry by getting all the necessary legal working permits sponsored by the company!
At least 20 days of paid holiday (December and January) + 13 observed Indonesian public holidays.
6. Unique career progression scheme
We want to give you some space to grow. We have pioneered a unique scheme to progress your career as an educator.
7. Sponsorship for further study
We believe in developing people. That is why we will consider sponsoring your certification and trainings if you pass our selection process.
8. Self-Development opportunities (Classroom observations)
To help you become a better educator, we do 4 classroom observations in a year.
9. Health Insurance
10. Extra compensation for KITAP (Permanent Residence) holders
If you have possessed a KITAP, we offer extra to your compensation package.
We have a unique culture of inclusion and development where we help our teachers to achieve their true potential as long as they have the personality that we are looking for and meet the obligatory criteria that has been established by the government.
Send your CV to the email address given on the job heading.
Below you can read feedback from an ITTT graduate regarding one section of their online TEFL certification course. Each of our online courses is broken down into concise units that focus on specific areas of English language teaching.