"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL in Wuhu, China
Date posted:2004-05-31 | Writer: Aston Language Centre | Email: email@example.com
Our school is a private institution with fee-paying students and its own educational premises.
Our teachers are mainly foreign students and graduates recruited from countries in Europe, Japan and North America who have enjoyed the opportunity to teach, study and travel in China and many of whom were seeking an opportunity to practice their Chinese and/or gain work experience. In 2003, we taught over 2000 Chinese students, aged from 5 to 50 years old.
Wuhu is located on the south side of the Yangtze River with a population of 2.2 million and a history of over 2000 years and is conveniently located to nearby historical and scenic sites such as the Yixian County Three Ancient Villages and the Huangshan Yellow Mountains.
There are convenient transportation links with ferries upstream to the Three Gorges or downstream to Shanghai. It is only a one-hour trip by bus to Nanjing. The city is also connected by rail and bus to many other interesting places in China and by air via Nanjing airport.
The cost of living is very low, only one-third as compared to Beijing or Shanghai. Wuhu is modern city although not as westernised as other large cities in China. The city has a modern downtown area with shopping centres, teahouses, bars and nightclubs. Not all of the city is this modern and so teachers will also be able to experience something closer to the daily life of ordinary Chinese people. More information about the School, Wuhu and China, please visit our website Contact us.
Full Year English Teacher Vacancies
Main duties and responsibilities:
* Teaching conversational English
* Lesson planning
Qualification and skills required:
* Native speaker preferred
* Teaching experience an asset, but not necessary (training & teaching materials provided)
* Currently enrolled or graduated from university
* Easy going personality, responsible, and patient with young children
Dates and Hours of employment:
12 months contract from 01 September 2004 to 31 August 2005
(42 teaching weeks) Â®C 20 teaching hours per week
Holiday and Benefits:
* Salary 4000 Chinese yen (rmb) per month (no income tax payable)
* Reimbursable airfare up to 8000 rmb at the end of the contract
* Free accommodation and meals
* Gas, electricity and water bills are included, but not telephone
* Free internet access during office hour
* Airport pick up (Shanghai)
* Work permit in China
* Free Chinese lessons; Daiji, Chinese painting, cooking, medicine courses are also available but require a knowledge of basic Chinese
* Free trip to Huangshan Yellow mountain
* Full salary paid during the school break (10 weeks holiday)
* Help Booking Tickets and Hotels
To apply for our teaching position, please send CV, photo and covering letter via e-mail to:
Caroline Huang, Director
Aston Business Services, 6th Floor, Sheng Feng Building, 166 Jiu Hua Shan Road, Wuhu, Anhui Province, P R China
Website: Contact us
Closing date: 30 August 2004