"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL in Giyani, South Africa (2)
Date posted:2006-10-31 | Writer: Hillside Foundation School | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a classroom teacher for the foundation phase (grade R-3).
Hillside Foundation School offers classes from Grade R to Grade 4, and will expand annually until Grade 6. It follows an integrated outcomes-based approach to teaching, with the main emphasis on literacy, numeracy and life skills. Class sizes are limited to 22 learners per class. The school is situated in the quiet suburb of Kremetart in the rural town of Giyani in the Limpopo Province (approximately 500km northeast of Johannesburg).
1) Native English speaker, preferably with SA citizenship.
2) Ability to start work on 8 January 2007
3) Preferably a qualification in education or a university degree.
4) Experience teaching children between 5-10 years old desirable.
5) A professional disposition and a sincere desire to teach children.
6) A team player that enjoys sharing and collaborating with collegues.
Salary & Benefits:
1) Salary ZAR5, 000/month
2) Free school lunch
3) No extra-curricular activities
4) Working week: Monday-Friday
5) Working hours: 8am-2pm
6) Students: maximum 22 learners per class
7) Contract periood: January-Nov 2007 renewable
8) Paid school holidays: 24 March-15 April (3 weeks), 22 June-15 July (3 weeks), 14 September-30 September (2 weeks).
The school is able to help teachers with accommodation.
If you are interested in the position, please email your CV to email@example.com . Also feel free to email us if you need any more info about the position.
Hillside Foundation School