"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Enthusiastic teacher wanted to teach EFL in Suratthani, Thailand
Date posted:2003-12-30 | Writer: Suratthani School | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Suratthani School's English Program needs English, mathematics, science, and computer teachers for the 2004-2005 school year beginning in April. Suratthani School is widely recognized as the top government school in the province with approximately 3, 500 students enrolled. Each year 100 students are selected to enter the English Program, which is a department in the school that teaches all subjects in the English language.
Suratthani is located in the South of Thailand and has a population of about 40, 000 people. The popular tourist Islands Koh Samui, Koh Pa-Nang, and Koh Tao are a short ferry ride away. Suratthani Province has several nice and more private beaches and waterfalls nearby that can be visited during free time as well.
1. Salary in the range of 20, 000 - 30, 000 Thai Baht/month, depending on qualifications, experience and extra responsibilities.
2. A year's contract, including visa, renewable by mutual agreement.
3. Work Permit.
4. Set teaching schedule (Monday through Friday) of 16-20 contact periods per week, (each period is of 50 minutes duration).
5. Free unlimited use of the Internet on the school campus.
6. Medical Insurance
7. Eight days of paid sick/personal leave.
8. Two paid holidays of approximately 3 weeks in October and March.
A Bachelor's degree is required to obtain a work permit. A Bachelor of Science degree in any field is required to teach the mathematics, science, and computer positions.
Only native speakers of English will be considered for the English teaching positions. However, fluent non-native speakers are encouraged to apply for the mathematics, science, and computer teaching positions.
1. Please send a CV/Resume complete with an email address of two references we can contact on your behalf to email@example.com or Michael@st.ac.th . Please do not send reference letters. We will contact the references you provide.
2. We will send a reply to your completed application along with a short questionnaire for you to fill out and return.
3. Once you have completed and returned the questionnaire and your references have responded, you will be sent notice if you have been short-listed for a position.
4. A phone interview will be arranged for all short-listed candidates.
5. A letter of acceptance or refusal will be sent to all applicants.
5. The necessary steps will then be taken to provide you with a non-immigrant B visa and work permit.
**Please visit our school's website at Contact us. It provides an in depth look at our school. Of particular interest is the section on employment. It contains far more detail than can be provided here.