"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL in Chungli City, Taiwan
Date posted:2004-03-26 | Writer: Washington Educational Organization | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Native English Speaker. (Canada, US, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia)
2. Under age 45.
3. 4-year university degree certificate. (original copy)
4. A passport still valid at least for 9 months upon arrival in Taiwan.
5. A visitor visa for 60 days. (the length of time needed to apply for legal papers)
6. A medical examination. (This exam is required by the Taiwanese government after your arrival.)
7. Having love for children and enjoying teaching them.
8. Responsible, outgoing and enthusiastic personality with good people skills to teach. 9. Passport-sized photos of yourself. (10 photos)
10. Two recommendation letters.
11. One-year teaching commitment.
Teaching Job Schemes:
Scheme A - teaching regular classes (15~20 students of kindergarten or primary school), from 25hrs (minimum) to 32 hrs per week. (teaching hours between 9:00am and 7:15pm), Mon ~ Fri.
Scheme B - teaching PE classes (20 primary school students) from 12:00pm to 7:15pm, Mon.~ Fri.
* Each class period has a 10-15 minutes' break. It depends on the scheme you teach. From 12: 00 pm to 1:35pm is Lunch and Nap Time for students. So there is no teaching during this period.
* For teaching scheme A, applicants must have BA or BS university degrees in any disciplines or qualifications. For teaching schemes B, applicants must have BA or BS in English or Education; or MA in TESOL Education.
* There are 2-3 weeks winter and summer vacations respectively.