"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Full time teacher required to teach TEFL in Poland
Date posted:2003-11-05 | Writer: Lingua | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lingua, one of the oldest private language schools in Czestochowa , is among the most popular language teaching centres. It is a relatively small and friendly school , which currently employs two native and seven Polish teachers of English.
Attached to the school is a bookshop with the teachers library and the administration is also in the same building. Lingua organizes General English and German courses for Polish students.
The levels range from beginner to FCE and CAE with the average exam pass rate ñ 93%. The academic year starts in October and consists of two 4-month terms. The classes run from Monday to Friday in the afternoon usually from 3 or 4 p.m. until 8.10 in the evening. Before their classes, most of the students work or attend public schools through mornings till early afternoon.
The standard course involves classes twice a week for two hours of 45 minutes. Each age group, e.g. children, teenagers or adults proceed over a few levels od advancement for several years up to FCE or CAE exams. All students are tested throughout the year and special end-of-term reports are prepared by teachers.
The methodology is based on a holistic approach to teaching and every three weeks the Director of Studies organizes teacher training sessions, which involve micro-teaching, discussing methodological issues, sharing ideas and teaching experience in a friendly and supportive environment.
We teach using a wide range of ELT textbooks such as Headway, Lifelines, Wavelength, Landmark, ... etc. As a local distributor of foreign publishers we run an ELT bookshop and teachers have a free access to the latest ELT publications by Oxford and Cambridge University Press, Longman, Macmillan-Heinemann and others.
Terms of employment:
- contract for one academic year from November 15th to June 2004
- free accommodation in a furnished flat with utilities covered by the school
- work permit arranged by the school
- work permit costs reimbursed
- travelling expenses partially reimbursed up to 1300 zloties paid in June
- National Insurance
- fully paid holidays within the academic year
- your gross salary: 2200 Polish zloties a month (current exchange 1 GBP = 6, 40 zloties.)
Please note that the price relation is different to those in your country.
- for newly qualified teachers we offer ongoing training and support
- teachers coming for the first time are collected from the place of arrival in Poland by the
Please send your resume to: email@example.com