"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Full-time EFL Teacher Needed in Japan
Date posted:2016-02-29 | Writer: The Bohme English Academy | Email: email@example.com
The Bohme English Academy, in Gifu city, is looking for a full-time EFL teacher who is available to start in June of this year. The position involves teaching a variety of ages, from very young learners (starting from 2 years old) to private adult students. The working schedule is 5 days a week (Tuesday-Saturday).
* Applicants with teaching degrees, and/or qualifications such as TESOL, TEFL, CELTY will be highly favoured.
* We are looking for a teacher who is flexible and adaptable and has the ability/desire to teach a wide range of students.
* We would like applicants to have experience in the field or early childhood teaching as well.
*An ability to work independently is also very important. While we will train successful candidates, we recognize that every teacher is different and has strengths in different areas. With this in mind we want our teachers to use their own teaching style & methods to create fun and exciting classes for our students.
* Our 3 home schools are based in Ichinomiya City (Aichi Prefecture), Ginan Town and Gifu City (Gifu Prefecture). We also have successful relationships with other institutions where we do English lessons.
* Classrooms are fully equipped with unlimited internet access, video / audio access and countless supplementary materials.
* Our class size limits are as follows:
1-2 year olds (with mothers) - 8 student limit
3-6 year olds (with a Japanese assistant) 15 student limit
6-10 year olds - 8 student limit
11-16 year olds - 8 student limit
* Most classes are 50 minutes in length, but our pre-school age (3-6 year olds) classes are longer.
* Teaching materials are provided, but we actively encourage our teachers to create their own lesson materials as well.
- Native English speaker.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- TESOL / ESL training and experience in an ESL setting.
- The ability to plan enjoyable, high quality lessons for a variety of classes.
- Possess a positive attitude.
- DBS check/Criminal records check
- Experience living overseas for a minimum of 6 months.
- Japanese is an asset, as is any other second language.
- The ability to adhere to curriculum planning deadlines.
- International drivers’ license.
- Starting salary: 250,000 yen per month.
- Performance bonuses.
- Fully furnished and spacious shared staff house/apartment (depends on school). ¥40,000 / month plus shared utilities and internet, as well as refundable deposits.
- Visa sponsorship.
- Travel bonus, as well as a contract completion bonus.
- Company will provide a cell phone if needed - call charges to be paid by you.
Please e-mail your CV and a cover letter explaining about your experience, why you want to come to Japan and recent photo to the address give on the job heading.
* Please specify in your cover letter when you are available to start.
* Please also specify if you are currently residing in Japan and provide us with two references
*Please note: If you haven't heard from us within a 2 week period please deem yourself unsuccessful.