"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL in Castrovillari, Italy
Date posted:2006-05-18 | Writer: The British School of Castrovillari | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancy at the British School of Castrovillari, a member of the British Schools of English (more from their website at Contact us).
Castrovillari is an attractive small town in the North of Calabria on the Calabria / Basilicata border. At the foot of the beautiful Pollino Mountain range which forms part of the Pollino National Park, the largest National Park in Italy, it is also only 30 minutes from the Ionian coast, and an hour from the Mediterranean. It has a continental climate, which means that the summers are quite hot, while the winters can be quite cold, with snow on the mountains.
There are twice daily bus services to Salerno, Naples and Rome and the University town of Cosenza is less than an hour away. Castrovillari has a population of 25,000, and everything you would expect from a town of that size: pubs, restaurants, pizzerias, two cinemas, a theatre, sports clubs and gyms, a disco, a riding stable and even a small aviation school.
The school was founded in 1984 and became part of the British Schools group in 1998. It is quite small, with approximately a hundred students, many of whom have attended for a number of years. Classes are small ? usually between 8 and 10 and the students are co-operative and keen to learn. The school is housed on the first floor of a relatively new building and the classrooms are bright and well ? appointed. There is an excellent resource centre, a computer with Internet access for teachers and tea and coffee making facilities. Most teaching takes place in the afternoon and early evening, from approximately 15.15 to 20.30. Mondays to Fridays, although there could be occasional morning classes.
- One teacher with TEFL qualification and at least one year's experience
- One teacher with more than one year's experience and a good knowledge of the
Cambridge ESOL LET, PET and FCE exams
As the School is a Cambridge Examination Centre, many of our teachers have trained as Cambridge Oral Examiners in the past and the new teachers will be encouraged to do the same, should they wish to. We also provide professional help in the form of in service training courses, as well as on going help from the Director of Studies. We are looking for enthusiastic, out going members of staff who are interested in developing their professional skills.
Positions from 11 September 2006 to 30 June 2007
- EUR 1,000-1,250 net salary range after tax and NI, depending on experience
- Average 25 hours teaching per week
- Teaching mainly young learners (8-11), Middle School students (11-14), young adults (15-19) and some adult students
- Travel contribution on arrival; Christmas bonus
- Small flat available at EUR 180/month + utility bills (approx EUR 70) - or find own with school help at a higher price ( 250 +)
- Saturdays and Sundays as days off
- Special requirement - Trinity and Cambridge Lower Suite
- Minimum 1 year's TEFL experience