"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL in Pekanbaru, Indonesia
Date posted:2006-05-10 | Writer: EF English First | Email: email@example.com
English First is a large and well-established organization with over 50 schools in Indonesia alone. Pekanbaru is a newly opened EF franchise school (August 2005) and is located in North Sumatra near Medan and Batam. Pekanbaru is a city of about 700, 000 people yet still maintains a "small town" atmosphere. The primary industries are oil and timber. Oil companies such as Caltex and BP are here. We also have all the "back home" needs such as McDonalds, Pizza Hut, KFC, etc. Currently we have over 300 students ranging from children to adults, beginner level to proficient. We offer a wide range of English courses including english classes for kids, conversation classes for intermediate and higher students, preparation for iBTOEFL as well as corporate english for working adults. Positions for foreign and Indonesian teachers are immediately available and all are encouraged to apply.
Our Academic Programs
* Class size is limited to 15, but averages about 10. Most
students attend high school or university, but there are also
growing numbers of young learners and Business
English groups. English levels range from beginner to advanced.
* Each school has a comprehensive language resource library and a
computer room with up-to-date software.
* Teachers are provided with comprehensive syllabuses for every
course, but are encouraged to adapt them for their individual
teaching style and their students' needs.
* Most of our classes meet in our schools in the afternoons and
evenings, Mondays to Fridays. There are occasional opportunities
for voluntary overtime classes at other times and locations.
What you offer
* A TESOL/CELTA/DELTA certification, with a minimum of 120 hours
of study and a minimum of 6 hours observed teaching practice.
* A professional approach to teaching with in-class practicum
knowledge of the communicative, natural and eclectic approaches
to ESL teaching.
* A willingness to teach a range of courses with students of
different age groups.
* A readiness to adapt to living and working in Indonesia.
* An innate ability to have creative and fun lesson plans that
actively encourage the students to SPEAK ENGLISH.
What we offer
* A renewable one-year contract with a salary allowing a
comfortable lifestyle and travel within Indonesia.
* One-way airfare from country of hire, and airfare to country of
origin upon completion of contract.
* Full working visa (KITAS)
* A bonus of one month's salary upon contract completion.
* 15 vacation days, in addition to two weeks of vacation when the
school is closed and about 10 days a year of public holidays.
* Health insurance.
* A fully furnished house shared with other EF teachers, or a
housing allowance to go towards the cost of renting and
furnishing your own house.
* A dynamic and supportive working environment with opportunities
for career development.
To apply, please send your CV/resume by e-mail to Joshua Davis at:
I insure that I will respond to every applicant.
We regret that due to strict immigration regulations we can only consider applicants who are nationals of the Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK and the USA.
Indonesian teachers are also encouraged to apply.
For more information, please visit our website: