"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL Job in Kazakhstan (2)
Date posted:2012-05-08 | Writer: Eurospeak | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eurospeak is a UK based Language School established in 1992. We have just opened our first centre in Almaty, Kazakhstan and urgently require TEFL qualified teachers to teach English to a variety of ages and levels. Some teaching experience desirable, but not essential. More important is a positive attitude, life experience, spark and a desire to develop with the school.
About Kazakhstan - Kazakhstan is an emerging market for EFL teachers and native speaking teachers are still somewhat of a rarity. Almaty is a melting pot of culture with more than 130 different ethnicities - it was the cultural capital of Kazakhstan until independence and remains the main centre for education, culture and business. While Kazakhstan is the ninth biggest country in the world, it is only starting to emerge on the map of many travellers. It is a well developed Central Asian nation where foreign visitors are treated most warmly. Almaty, far from the 'Borat' image portrayed in the West, has been described as the "Big Apple of Central Asia". It is a cosmopolitan city of fashionable eateries and great shopping opportunities. It is also a major city for music, with concerts from many Western bands, from Deep Purple to the Black Eyed Peas. Almaty would also suit those who are into the outdoors, with great hiking and skiing resort 20 minutes from city. Prefer a warmer sport? Why not try sandboarding or driving a dune buggy?
Qualifications. The ideal candidate will:
1) Native English speaker
2) Higher Education
3) TESOL / TEFL / CELTA/ DELTA or equivalaent
4) Experience in English language teaching (including Business English)
5) Experience in teaching GMAT, SAT, SSAT, BEC, specializing in English
6) Experience in preparation for international exams (TOEFL/IELTS)
7) Enthusiastic, outgoing and motivated
Responsibility - teach students English Language (all levels, exams preparation)
There will be a variety of work and full support will be given in all aspects from housing through to CPD.
Work terms and conditions:
1) To work up to 35 hours per week
2) 10-12 month contract, which can be extended
1) Salary $1000-$1500 per month (depending on qualifications and experience)
2) 24 days paid holiday a year, plus national holidays;
3) An end of contract bonus;
4) Fully expensed work visa;
5) Compensation for plane ticket (one way);
6) Fully furnished/equipped shared accommodation, to be shared with other two English Teachers, high level conditions (in the centers of Almaty , 10-15 minutes by walk to our offices) with Internet;
7) Support & assistance to help foreign teachers settle in;
8) Airport transfer on arrival and departure;
9) Assistance in the event of a medical emergency;
10) Free access to internet at school (for work purposes);
11) Excellent working environment..
For more information and to apply, please send your resume/cv, a recent photo and cover letter to Adrian C Eakins at the e-mail address given on the job heading.