"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Teach TEFL in Rawanda
Date posted:2009-02-11 | Writer: British Communications | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Experienced Full Time EFL Teachers required to teach English to the Civil Service In Rwanda.Phase 2 will start in May 2009 and we are now recruiting teachers. Contracts for 1-3 years.Very attractive salary package-see below for details.
British Communications is an East African based company with head office in Kampala, Uganda and headed by a British management team. The company was established 5 years ago and has carried out training in Kenya, Sudan, Uganda and Rwanda and has trained many embassies, large companies and organisations in English language and corporate management training.
You will be teaching in Kigali .Kigali the capital city is very orderly with street lighting, tree lined tarmac roads-most untypical of most African cities. Full details about social life, living and accommodation will be sent upon being short listed for job.
This is a 3 year project successful applicants will be on a 3 year rolling contract based on meeting teaching performance criteria. This job has the following roles:
• Teaching high quality lessons to groups of up to 30 trainees.
• Teaching load: 24 hours a week plus preparation and marking x48 weeks
Experience and Qualifications
Require teachers who have experience in EFL teaching in professional/business fields.
Overseas experience would be preferable but lively easygoing character is of greater importance.
Candidates should be flexible,easy going and looking for life changing experience of the African experience.
Teachers must have experience plus CELTA/Trinity TESOL or PGCE TEFL or similar qualification or DELTA with 1 year experience.
• A 1 or 2 year contract
• Total gross salary potential $40,000 plus $6000(net) housing allowance 1) Salary: $33,600 gross : ($ 2800(gross) or $2000 (net) per month) 2) $6,000 loyalty and performance bonus.
• 3) $500 per month (tax free) housing allowance. Option to share houses with other teachers.
• 4 weeks vacation (holidays are split into 3 sections)
• Plus Bank Holidays
• Return Flight to UK (return part of ticket on completion of 12 month contract or monetary equivalent if you wish to stay without travelling back to UK)
• Comprehensive Health Care Insurance effective on arrival
• Paid working visa, and residence card
• Excellent facilities and teaching resources
• Dedicated academic management team support and on-going professional development
• Great social network including quarterly and annual social events, paid by the company.Visits to Burundi,the Great Lakes and on successful completion a once in a life time opportunity “Gorillas in the Mist” in the uplands of Rwanda mountains or a safari to one of the National Parks in Rwanda or Uganda.
• 1 to 3 year contracts available.
Arrival assistance and ongoing support
We meet you at the airport and our accommodation & logistics manager will arrange initial hotel stay and arrange housing assistance. She will help with all day to day issues and help with your settling in and getting to know the city.
If recruited to teach with us we will send a comprehensive relocation guide which will inform you of items of clothing, toiletries food to bring down with you for the year and the steps you need to take for a smooth transition. Whilst nearly all western amenities and trappings of life are available it will pay to buy some things before you travel as certain items can be more expensive than in the UK.
Contact:Philip Savery Recruitment Manager
Email: address given on the job heading page.
26 Buziga Hill, Kampala